SAVE ON ENERGY PERFORMANCE PROGRAM INCENTIVES
The Energy Performance Program (EPP) enables companies to fully capture and receive incentives for electricity savings from operation and maintenance measures, as well as from capital improvements. The program provides a whole-building approach to saving energy, using a pay-for-performance model to help businesses grow their energy savings year over year.
How does it work?
- Incentives are provided at four cents per kilowatt hour ($0.04/kWh) of savings each year against the building’s historical baseline performance
- Contract term is currently through to the end of 2021
- In addition to the annual performance payments, customers are entitled to receive a Modelling Incentive of $1,500 for each enrolled facility, up to a maximum of $15,000 for 10 approved facilities
- Customers have choice and flexibility in implementing capital and non-capital energy efficiency measures with no project by project incentive applications required
- Get rewarded for energy savings at the same rate regardless of the types of projects/activities that have been implemented
What is needed to participate?
- Be a facility that is not used for industrial or manufacturing business
- Commit buildings to participate for at least 2 years
- Plan to realize at least 5% energy savings per building
- Have hourly interval meter data available for buildings for at least the last 12 months
- Have a minimum annual consumption of 1,500,000 kWh per building (or group of up to five buildings aggregated into a single baseline energy model are permitted)
Renteknik Group Inc. is an Engineering Energy Efficiency and Environmental Consultant based in Burlington, Ontario, Canada and operates throughout North America. Renteknik’s management team has experience in a wide range of areas including engineering, design, consulting, project management, construction, distribution and manufacturing.