Energy Manager Program
Contact Us Today To Find Out More!
Balancing assets and expenses is vital to operating a business. Being Energy efficient entails an in-depth analysis of operational efficiencies and could save your business a substantial amount of money. Our energy management team will track your energy usage and create an energy management plan that is best suited to reduce costs and protect your assets. Through our real-time continual monitoring we will ensure ongoing savings and seamless operations to keep you positioned ahead of your competition..
Submit a project proposal by September 30, 2019. Projects will be assessed and selected based on the quality of the application and distribution of available funding across provinces and sectors. Note: There may be a second application period later in the year if funding remains available.
- Direct recipients: Small and medium-sized enterprises (with fewer than 500 employees), municipalities, universities, colleges, schools, hospitals, and non-profit organizations that are duly incorporated or formed under the laws applicable in Ontario, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, or New Brunswick, and are located in one of these provinces. Note: Participants registered in the Output-Based Pricing System in the federal Greenhouse Gas Pollution Pricing Act are not eligible and will not opt into this system for the duration of the project.
- Select recipients: Crown-owned utilities, agencies and registered non-profit organizations that implement programs that redistribute the funds to direct recipients to undertake eligible project activities. Request an application guide by emailing email@example.com.
What incentives are available?
The total program funding available is $3.1M in 2019-2020, to be allocated across the four eligible provinces: Ontario ($2,100,000), Saskatchewan ($620,000), Manitoba ($270,000), and New Brunswick ($110,000). Program funding is provided from the proceeds of the federal carbon pollution pricing system.
The proposed project end date must be no later than March 31, 2021, and may include one or more of the following three components.
- Energy Manager: Hire an energy manager and receive up to 75% of total project costs (100% for non-profit) to a maximum of $100,000 per organization
- Energy Assessment: Conduct an energy assessment of a building or industrial facility and receive up to 75% of total project costs (100% for non-profit) to a maximum of $40,000 per assessment and $200,000 per organization
- Fleet Energy Assessment: Conduct an energy assessment of a fleet (medium Class 5, 6, or heavy-duty Class 7, 8a, 8b) and receive up to 50% of total project costs to a maximum of $10,000 per fleet assessment and $50,000 per organization. (Note: Any large enterprise or enterprise operating outside the four eligible provinces wishing to undertake a fleet energy assessment is encouraged to apply for funding under our Green Freight Assessment Program.)
The following expenditures are eligible depending on the program component:
|Eligible Expenditures||Energy Manager||Energy Assessment||Fleet Assessment|
|Salary of employees||✔||✔|
|Professional and technical service fees||✔||✔||✔|
|Fees for data collection, monitoring and analysis services||✔||✔|
|Purchase of instrumentation, software and metering equipment||✔||✔|
|Fees for professional training||✔||✔|
|Travel based on National Joint Council Rates||✔||✔|
Direct recipient project application and delivery steps:
- Apply Review the program conditions and apply online.
- Review the project Discuss your project with a program officer. A program officer will review the project with you. You will receive a decision by email.
- Sign the agreement Return a signed agreement within 10 business days from the date we send it to you. A program officer will confirm when work can begin.
- Implement the agreement Start the project and provide updates. A program officer will provide guidance and templates for reporting.
- Complete the project Submit reports and financial claims. A program officer will provide guidance, review the reports and process the claims.
- Share the results Share lessons learned and provide annual energy-saving results. A program officer will follow up.
Renteknik Group Inc. is an Engineering Energy Efficiency and Environmental Consultant based in Burlington, Ontario, Canada and operates throughout North America. Renteknik’s management team has experience in a wide range of areas including engineering, design, consulting, project management, construction, distribution and manufacturing.